Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A Lover, Not A Fighter


We purchased a Fighting Fish a few months ago. It was one of those days when I went out without thinking and was taking a fish home before I knew it. We had been having rain for over a week we were all over being housebound,next thing I knew we were at the pet shop and leaving with a new family member. Its an indigo coloured fighting fish so Phoebe named her Indy for short, and before we even made it home her full name was given: Indy Bindy Findy! Cute huh?? We have a little song to the tune of Incy Wincy Spider... with words like Indy Bindy Findy is a little fish.She gives her pretty tail, a lovely little swish.... and so on and so forth.
We love the fish, we are always there singing to her (him) and watching what she is up to.
Last weekend someone said if you hold a mirror up to the glass the fish will puff out ready for a fight. They said it was really pretty,so off I go mirror in hand and show it to Indy. She swam backwards away from the mirror but not taking her eye off it.It was hilarious! After a while I got bored waiting, I was just about to pack it in when Phoebe said, "you better stop now mum,I think she's just a lover!"

No comments: