
May light stream into you that can take hold of you,
I follow it's rays with the warmth of my love,
I think with my thinking best joy filled thoughts
On the stirrings of your heart,
May they strengthen you,
May they carry you,
May they purify you,
I wont to gather in your joy filled steps,
My joy filled thoughts,
That they unite with your will for life,
So that it finds itself with strength in the world
Ever more through itself.
Rudolph Steiner
First Day Of "Big School"
Out precious Phoebe started her schooling journey a few weeks ago. It was such a delightful time, the preparation leading up to the day and the morning of it just felt so right.The lump in my throat was a mix of emotions from pride,joy, tears and much more. Knowing that this was the first day of the rest of her schooling life, only a rollercoaster of emotions could follow. Where is that baby I rocked in my arms, the little toddler I spent hours singing to, cooking with, playing on the grass with, pointing to and teaching her as much as I could? She has blossomed into a school girl, ready to be held and supported by an incredible school.
She kissed me goodbye with so much self assurance. She ran into the classroom and was ready for everything new that will come over the next year. She told me at the end of the day that she took time to talk to Julie (her teacher) just so she knew what Julie was like and how she likes things to be!!!
The first full week, I was expecting the tiredness to set in, but she just went in leaps and bounds as the week passed. Her joy and growing and excitment for it became more and more each day. She is interested in the other children, and becoming their friend, and she has told some hysterical stories at the dinner table every night, her animation and telling of the story has me beaming with pride as I see her take on and digest this new life.
The school is perfect for her, and I know that it is an extension of everything she has experienced in my parenting thus far.




Phoebe on the path to her classroom
Waiting to go into the classroom
1 comment:
my goodness, how divine does phoebe look heading off to school!!
I feel emotional just looking at the photos and in awe of how peaceful she looks. Mel, you look great!! can't wait to see you in may.
I reliase our timing is not perfect for you as you will be busy preparing for the OS trip but it was all we could get and we only want thousands of hugs from you all.....!
am excited already and we will be wanting a bit of warmth by then. Have been so slack on the blog - never make time for it.
Otis is a cheeky monkey indeed and so adorable.
love you all.
chompy, josh and otis
Post a Comment