Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Journey So Far



























































Well as you saw earlier we have an Advent Calendar that the girls have been opening a door each day... Not only that,they are also moving Mary and Joseph closer and closer to the stable... each day they move one step(rocks) closer. And as they do I tell the story of Mary visiting the four kingdoms etc etc.
We also have and Advent wreath which we light at every mealtime with a little prayer. It has been really sweet this year as Phoebe remembers alot of it from last year, so she constantly reminds me if I forget the candle or forget to move Mand J...
I also love the focus being on the preparation of what is to come more than how many days till Santa is here. Something that I guess will change with each year,but for this year I am really enjoying the anticipation of the baby arriving in the manger.
We are also waiting the arrival of a baby in the family,Champs and Josh are due to have their baby in the next few weeks so Phoebe is constantly telling me names we should ring them with and what sex she thinks the baby is going to be... The last time we asked she said "hmmm I think a boy..... or a girl" Yup she'll be right either way... Covering both bases! I will keep you posted on the exciting news...

No comments: