Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Where is Coco hiding???

Well, as you know we are currently neck deep in boxes, empty boxes waiting to be packed, packing boxes waiting for a few little bits and bots so I can seal them, and then of course the finished boxes marked and ready for the removalist to pick up and drop off neatly into each allocated room at the new house. I must say this is a BIG job, and with two kids in toe it can get hairy. Needless to say while they were at school today I packed like a crazy woman, then I procrastinated a bit too!!!
Most children love empty boxes, they have us fooled purchasing toys that we think of as a must have! This morning the girls made a house out of several boxes, kitchen, bathroom even a verandah, and they had a wow of a time playing in there before they went off to school for the day. On Sunday I came into the lounge room and here was a box on the lounge and Phoebe with a grin from ear to ear asking where Coco was, I played along a bit, I know this game by now... "Coco, Coco where could she be...." Giggles filled the loungeroom, the look on Phoebe's face smiling and glancing towards the box.

I peered into the box and what did I find????





How Cute!!! I was surprised by the blanket and dummy and ruggy.... but none the less here she was curled up as cute as pie.... So Sweet!!!

The days are starting to feel a little chilly in the morning and at night, its such a beautiful change, putting on clothes and getting all cozy at night, and with the cooler nights I have been giving the more regular lemon foot baths. Its such a nice ritual after dinner, they pop in their little feet, sit back and relax, while I warm up their slippers in the oven and potter around the house. It really brings them into a calm space before bed, and on the nights I haven't planned for one, quite often one or both of them will ask for a footbath. And when they are a little 'grumpy or testing' a lemon footbath goes a long way, its like a magic potion!
This is them having a footbath last week....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeh Mel it looks really chilly there in the evening! I am back wearing jumper, jacket and jeans in the evening and it's 1.5 months away from summer here! haha! As always totally adorable! Flick and Haakon xxxx

Anonymous said...

So. Cute!! Sorry I haven't been around... :)