Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Speak In English... please!!!

Coco has recently taken to screaming. The high pitched noise comes bellowing out when something isn't going her way.I find this very difficult because I feel like doing anything for her to make her quiet, but if I do the screaming gets louder and more intense the next time it happens. So we have to patiently wait until she uses her words before we can give her what she is screaming about.
It can be as simple as wanting to hold my hand "aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh'
Not being able to put on her socks 'eeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkk'
Anything and everything can set off our little time bomb.
So Phoebe and I encourage her, "use your words Coco so we can understand you, then we can help"
This morning I heard the familiar noise that resonates in our house at the moment, and than I hear Phoebe in her stern voice saying to Coco.....
"Coco, screaming is like Norwegian, we can't understand it, use your words only!!"
Sometimes Phoebe can say it better than me, and she has more impact! Coco promptly told her what she wanted and off they went playing!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Um...Coco & Nathan would probably understand each other quite well :)