Sunday, September 23, 2007

Melbourne, the short story


We had a fab time in Melbourne, I hardly know where to start. It started with Lucas' parents and the Organic Expo. The girls and Lucas stayed up in Belgrave while I went 'hard hard' working. They went to the Zoo and on Puffing Billy an old steam train. Followed by fun in the garden with Queenie planting new seeds.
I loved being at the Expo, there are so many awesome products out there it was great to see them all. As well as showing people ours. We won an award for the most innovative organic product. In fact, we got 1st and 3rd in this category, so as you can imagine we were all chuffed.
After Belgrave we headed into Brighton to stay with our dear friends, Vickie-Lee, Andrew, Eliza and Harrison. It was so great to catch up with them all, Phoebe and Harrison played like they see each other on a regular basis, and the girls loved being pampered by big sister Eliza, she painted their toenails and fingernails, it was so sweet. I remember how much I loved 'big' girls when I was little, and Phoebe and Coco were in awe the same way I was when I was younger!!
The rest of the time was a jam packed mix of friends friends and more friends, with tiny windows of opportunity for shopping, train catching, tram spotting and yummy yummy food.
We finally met the delightful baby Otis, who well and truly had us wrapped around his divine little fingers, my god, love for nieces/nephews never ceases to amaze me.
The time we spent with our dearest friends was so so brilliant, there is nothing better then seeing an old friend who knows, loves and understands you, and I was lucky enough to experience this with 3 girlfriends in particular Vicki-Lee, Gez and Robbie and their husbands, all Andrew's!!! Just the same way we 'slot' back into old friendships, so too did our children. It had me hatching a plan to get them all to relocate up here, come on guys, I know you want to!!!! lol
We got to walk around our old suburb and hang as well, which was great. And a trip to the aquarium as well.
Thanks to all for the ace getaway, hopefully we see you all again soon.
In the meantime, I have to say, I am happy to be back in WARM glowing, sunny, Byron Bay. I am taking bookings for the summer season, so get in early places are limited.........
Love to you all xxx



Belgrave- Queenie and Mike Gramps!


Nature's Child stand


Tea-party time. Phoebe, Indiah and Coco



Feel the love- Bahlin, Phoebe and Levii

SO SO Cute


Waiting for the train-Brighton


They LOVED the train


I love the joy on Coco's face in this picture, too cute






Flinders Street


Harrison, Phoebe and Coco, relaxing with a book.


The alley behind our old house


The park Phoebe used to crawl around as a baby





Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well ... all we can say is that we just miss you all so so much.... we loved spending time together....all our love robbie andrew,tully,levii,bahlin and indiahxxxxxxx