Thursday, September 27, 2007

Steiner Spring Fair

Last Saturday was the annual Cape Byron Steiner School Spring Fair. It was a busy day for parents running stalls and chasing children. But as always it was beautiful and thoroughly enjoyed by many. This year was the first year that Phoebe could really get into the activities, silk painting, wax work, garland making and much more. I always love this fair, the school children put on some incredible performances, and we are very much looking forward to being part of this school community when Phoebe starts school next year.
The day ended with a huge storm, so we bolted to the car all bits and bots of craft in our hands and ended up being saturated. So we came home exhausted and wet and decided to jump in a bubble bath to warm up and finish the day. I always love these moments with the girls, giggling in the bath, them poking my body and talking about them being in my tummy.... so gorgeous


I decorated this stand, it was for external Anthroposophical treatments and elixirs


Making Candles



Tired Girl

Garland Making
After the bath Miss Coco was in bed at 5pm, she was sooooo tired(still getting over Melbourne) and Phoebe set up the most beautiful game, I was so taken with what she was doing I just had to take some photos. She set up the most beautiful farm scene, she had the farmer plant seeds and then when 'night fell' on the farm she lit candles. Our house was quiet, the lights were low, the storm rumbled outside, and I sat in awe of this child playing. At that moment I felt so thankful for what I have and the life we have ahead of us blessed with these incredible children in an amazing community.
After the girls were in bed and sleeping, my sister sent me a text from Oslo in Norway to tell me that she and her husband Haakon had just been to a Steiner School Autumn Festival there, we areally are on the opposite side of the world!!!








Off to bed, with candle light, a beautiful way to end our great day

No comments: