Thursday, July 19, 2007

Apples For Jam


I have wished for this book for such a long time, and a dear friend gave it to me for my birthday! I was so excited, the recipes are to die for and they are so easy to cook. I love the way she talks about food and her memories of it as a little girl. I love to cook everything from scratch even our bread, there is nothing more delightful for me than preparing food for our family and friends, I am so happy being in the kitchen chopping and preparing the food and having the girls right there next to me or happily playing in the next room while I am there. I believe that part of our love and excitment for good food goes into making the food taste even better, and then to sit together and eat and reflect on the day that has been or what may be a ahead I feel like the whole process is warming and an important part of our family's life.
I remember reading a verse a few years ago. It is something that I am conscious of when I am cooking and sitting together as we eat;
" We gather round this table,
where bodies are renewed,
where hearts appease their hunger,
for we feast on more than food'

So if you need some inspiration, this book is brilliant! I am officially in homemade heaven!!!

3 comments:

The Smiths said...

awesome....isn't it the best book. I got it for my birthday last year and totally love it. I have also given it as gifts along with her othe book falling cloud berries.
I cooked the chocolate cake from it for josh's dads birthday and it was divine. I too love the writing on memories and about childhood...beautiful. it makes me cry.
you look gorgeous mel..along with the island painted hippy chicks.
hows the dolphind on phoebe's face?
gorgeous.
take care, thinking of you. I am off to bed as my eyes are popping put. can't wait to see you in september.
xxchompy, otis and josh.

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard of that one!! I'll have to check it out!

Christie said...

LOVE it too! yummy recipes & beautiful pics too.