Sunday, April 29, 2007

Sisters

I have been meaning to do this post for a few weeks now, and today I am sitting down to do it. So excuse me while I gush!
I am so in LOVE with my girls right now, that may seem like a weird thing to say, but we are all just living in bliss at the moment and I think that just intensifies the love we have, up a notch.
All of the sudden we are at a place where each day flows along beautifully, the girls have become the best of friends and my heart melts with each game they play. They communicate all day you say this, I'll do that, you be the mummy etc etc.
There were moments before we got to this point that I didn't think I could do it, stresses with Phoebe's asthma, and Coco Choko, who choked too many times, the nappies, the sleepless nights, doing it alone. But I guess even after all that we have been through it wasn't until now that I realize how much parents of young children go through. When you are in it you just do it, and then each day week month year gets easier and easier. I guess it will be become a challenge in other ways, but for now I am in paradise. I feel like I know what they need, I have clearer space in my mind to know what is called for at the time, not only is this due to them growing older but also the study I have done over the past few years.
I love watching this relationship develop, I have a sister named Felicity and I say, that her being my sister was training to have my own two girls. Phoebe is so similar to me and Coco is so similar to Felicity its a crackup! As i hear them speak to each other memories of her and I flood back, even the roles they take and everything.
But one thing I am so aware of between the girls at the moment is 'personal jokes' You know those one liners that you and your friends are all in on and no-one else gets. Phoebe and Coco have many and I will list a few to give an example.
When they are playing and Coco gets grumpy at Phoebe, Phoebe puts on this strange accented voice and says "its just not how you talk"
And when Coco,(in her own sweet time and not before this) answers with the same accent "yeah I know"
They both know that the hissy is over and the game can begin again!

The next line is a classic "it must be, cane toad" They say this when something is silly,ugly,annoying basically anything negative. I asked Phoebe about why the say it and she said "cause people can't be those things so when someone is being annoying or something like that we just say it must be cane toad"

As you know we went and saw John Mayer a few weeks ago and while we were there or friend Jo was getting Coco to yell out "go John, we love you John"
Now, whenever something good happens the girls say "go John Whoo"
IE; "mummy can we have a sweet treat"
'yes girls'
"Go John, yes, we love you John"

I am not sure these sound as cute in words as they do in real life, but I can't help but grin when it happens, it takes me a few days to click onto the latest saying, and I still am baffled by them having the humor and understanding to use it in the right context. Little cuties....

AHHHHH reminds me of all the one liners we used to use....

PS- Daniel, your on the lounge!!!



Someone got a new dress...

So cheeky and SO SO cute



Look at my butterfly wings


THe girls having a jam, singing different songs though!

Phoebe in full song, singing about faeries at sunrise

She sings like an angel, I will record one for here one day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post! The girls are beautiful, per usual. I love the picture of Phoebe singing :)

Anonymous said...

Hey you beautiful girls. Jo oooooo here. Too cute this page. Just tooooo cute. Go John. We love you John xxxx That moment was so lovely.