Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Woody Head Camping










Kate, Coco, Kyan and Phoebe





Off To Bed. Kate (Phoebe's Teacher) Reading The Children A Book



Last weekend Phoebe's school had a family camping trip. We went to Woody Head which is near Iluka. Phoebe was SO excited she had been talking about it for weeks before hand. She really doesn't know that much about camping, I guess the idea of sleeping in a tent and being with friends overnight was enough to get her that excited.
So we packed up what seemed like a gazillion things and made our way down the coast. We arrived early and went straight down to the beach to find friends already fishing and snorkelling... The beach was amazing as it had these huge natural pools before the ocean, they were perfect for children to swim and explore.They were filled with all sorts of fish, and a little bit of seaweed... which may I add did not impress Miss Coco, (yucky yucky seaweed mummy)
We went and set up the tent, hello yes I set up a tent. I was pretty chuffed with myself I must say!!!
The afternoon was filled with relaxing, food and exploring. We found thousands of tiny shells.I have never seen them so small and perfect before. I really enjoyed the conversation with the girls as we looked for shells.Phoebe decided that all the baby shells must be made there and then make their way out into the ocean when they are big enough to be a house for the sea creatures! We talked about how the shells got their colours and shapes. It was priceless, I wish I could bottle moments like that, the feelings you have and the sounds of their little voices in that moment.
We lit fires at night and the kids enjoyed night walking with the torches. And when they were safely tucked into bed the parents got to catch up which was a nice bonus for me.
So I realized a few things while I was away. There is something about camping that I really love, I forgot that part of me existed and I look forward to doing it again, soon I hope. And I also realized that the moments I spend stressed and running around keeping the house clean will never be locked in my memories like the moments of enjoying my children. I am twice blessed and I am thankful every day!

No comments: